1. I don’t ever recall Fergie playing for a draw, I know he said otherwise but there was no way we went out to try and attack. It was expected though, because trying to attack a team that had previously won 17 and drawn 1 at home this season is just suicide.
2. It’s now out of our hands, we need a massive favour from Newcastle on Sunday, they will most definitely be up for it as they have Champions League ambitions. City will be up for it too, though, and you have to fancy them to go there and get the job done.
3. Why why why does SAF insist that Park can come back after two months and play out of position? He looked knackered after about half an hour and he was all over the place. I agree that we needed to pack the midfield, but why not play Jones in there? Seemingly as Cleverley was supposedly injured, again. Is he becoming the new Owen Hargreaves?
4. Surely now Fergie will realise he needs to spend some money. Certainly a new central midfielder, we have been linked with Shinji Kagawa over the past week and I would welcome him, he is a quality player and knows how to pass the ball. Modric’s name has also been branded about of late, anyone really, just so we aren’t relying on Giggs and Scholes to come up with the goods as they aren’t going to last forever.
5. All to many times this season I’ve watched us just roll over and underperform. Wigan away, Blackburn at home, Newcastle away, and now City at home. It’s really not the United way and it’s quite worrying. To not have a shot on target in 90 minutes of football, quite frankly we don’t deserve to be champions, we just don’t seem to want it.
6. To add insult to injury, Danny Welbeck left the Etihad with his foot in a protective cast, however it’s later been confirmed its only a bruise and he should be alright for the Euro’s, but is his domestic season over?
Like I said before, its out of our hands now but we have to keep believing and keep fighting. Lets win our two games and make them work for it. United’s class> City’s oil money.