Brazilian midfielder to turn down Madrid in favour of United

Cruzeiro star Everton Ribeiro will reject Real Madrid in favour of a move to Manchester United, according to the Daily Star. The 24-year old playmaker guided his side to the Brazilian league title with some excellent displays from the #10 position.

The midfielder could cost David Moyes as little as £7m, and Ribeiro wouldn’t be cup tied either, the only problem he could have is getting hold of a work permit.

Ribeiro said:

“Yes, I would prefer that [to join Manchester United],”

“The structure they have in place is one of the best in the world. I have been there already and went to a lecture by [Sir] Alex Ferguson when I was younger.

“I feel I am ready to play in any part of the world. If you play for Cruzeiro, you can play in any place. I would fit in any part of the midfield. I would do well as a playmaker to support the attack.”

It is believed that United have begun talks with the Brazilian and Cruzeiro, however his side currently own 60% of the player, with the other 40% being owned by a third party.

About Jordan Street 16055 Articles
Mancunian. Red through and through. Season Ticket holder block E332.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*