Bruno Fernandes calm, believes Man United move will happen: report

Image Via: Flickr/Paul.

I’ve said it time and time again that Manchester United desperately need at least one new midfielder – although my attempts to will it into existence have failed as of yet…

The name that keeps appearing on the back pages is Bruno Fernandes. It’s a transfer rumour that just won’t go away despite his return to Sporting Lisbon training just last week.

Anyway, the latest comes from Correio da Manha (Sunday print edition), translated by Sport Witness. They say that the 24-year-old midfielder remains ‘calm’ as he believes that a transfer to United will happen this summer.

Furthermore, his agent, Miguel Pinho, is trying hard to make something concrete happen, while United, along with Tottenham, are ‘formulating a proposal’ for Fernandes.

Correio da Manha  Sunday print edition.

Correio da Manha do offer a reason as to why there’s been a lack of movement in the proposed transfer. Fernandes has a €35m (£31.6m) release clause in his contract, but if any bid higher than that value is rejected by Sporting, the club have to pay €5m (£4.4m) direct to the midfielder. That obviously complicates things, although presumably, it’d only come into effect if Fernandes eventually decided to stay with the Portuguese club.


All last week us United fans were told that Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wanted to add another player to the squad before heading out on tour. Obviously, that didn’t happen and nothing really feels close in that regard. This transfer, like so many others surrounding United at present, feels much like a slow-burner…

About Jordan Street 16290 Articles
Mancunian. Red through and through. Season Ticket holder block E332.

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*